Sunday, January 23, 2011

Community

Lately I've been on a community kick. I don't think we take seriously enough the importance of relationships. God calls us to be in relationship, and not just with our self. And community does not mean 45 min. on a Sunday morning. I have been disappointed with how church and therefore many in the congregation dismiss or overlook this important part of following Christ.

Our hot water heater is going bad and needs replacing. I was going to tackle it this weekend. Friday I came home and we had a new hot water heater!!!!!!!!! We recently have been meeting with a younger couple and talking about marriage. The husband works in heating/AC and I had asked him how to go about replacing it. He took it upon himself to buy a heater and stop by at 9 in the morning and install it himself and haul away the old one. It blew my mind!!!!!!!! No one has ever done anything like that before for us. That is community! Helping others without being asked. There isn't a thing that couple could ask me for that I wouldn't try to do. But right now all I can say is Thank You.

With all my disappointment about the Christian community maybe God was showing me all is not lost. Just keep pressing on and don't give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment